Monday, March 9, 2009

Just some art..


So.. I said I would get some pictures up!! These artworks are just some
done for fun, unfortunatley most of my works are stored in my cousins
family room- due to a lack of space at my grandmas! I plan on getting those
up soon, because those are my favorite!

This is a photo holder I made for only seventeen dollars!

















This is an oil painting I painted for my grandma, I created texture with gel medium and a pallette knife



















I love, love, love, quotes... so I love encorporating them in my artworks. This is a mixed media acrylic painting. I built and textured the background up, and used magazene clippings.




















This is a painting for my dad, it is actually an old car on my families land, inspired by a photograph.















I call this one Abstract and Old Lace. Like most of my paintings, I built up the background, and used warm colors- My favorite combination!! I encorporated old vintage lace, and mirror mosaic tiles.



















This is an oil painting set, I love painting contemporary flowers, I think they are beutiful. I also textured these with gel medium.















I altered this tiny dress form, with paper scraps, old text from a vintage book, wire, old pearls.. and a few other trinkets




















I got this idea from one of my favorite altered art artists-Sally Jean Alexander.. I made this altered party hat from gel medium, paints, pastels, old text, glitter, fabric, and a fake flower

0 comments: